Main Stage speakers include:
- Van Jones - Founder, Ella Baker Center for Human Rights, Green For All & Rebuild the Dream Hub; Author of upcoming book, Rebuilding the Dream (on sale April 4th, 2012)
- Russell Simmons - Founder, Rush Communications, GlobalGrind.com; recently dubbed by Forbes Magazine as one of "Hollywood's Most Influential Celebrities" and USA Today as one of the "Top 25 Most Influential People of the Past 25 Years
- Dr. Helen Caldicott - Founder and President of the Nuclear Policy Research Institute (NPRI); leading expert and educator surrounding medical hazards of the nuclear age
- Jeffrey Smith - International bestselling author and leading spokesperson on the health dangers of Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs)
- Katrina vanden Heuvel - Editor and Published of The Nation
- Dylan Ratigan - Host of MSNBC's "The Dylan Ratigan Show" and founder of the Get Money Out campaign; Author of Greedy Bastards
- Frances Moore Lappe - Co-founder, The Small Planet Institute, Food First; Author of Ecominds and Diet for a Hot Planet
- Dr. Benjamin Chavis - Chairman and CEO, The Hip Hop Summit Action Network; civil rights leader and former NAACP Executive Director
- Amy Goodman - Award-winning investigative journalist; founder and host of Democracy Now!
- John Perkins - Founder of the Pachamama Alliance & Dream Change; Author of Confessions of an Economic Hitman and Hoodwinked
- Bernardine Dohrn - Human Rights activist, educator and author; former leader of Weather Underground and fugitive on the US "10 Most Wanted" list
- William Ayers - Former Distinguished Professor of Education and Senior University Scholar at the University of Illinois at Chicago; social justice, educational political author
- David DeGraw - investigative journalist and author of The Economic Elite Vs. The People of the United States; Founder of AmpedStatus.com
- Josh Silver - CEO of United Republic; cofounder and former CEO of Free Press
- Ietef Hotep Vita - musician and activist
Plan your schedule in advance as Main Stage seating will fill up fast!
Also, head to any of Green Festival's stages and pavilions and catch up with local authors, chefs, community leaders, educators and more! Sample culinary creations while learning kitchen secrets at the Good Food Stage.
Enjoy informative panel discussions at Stage A: Green Economy Jobs & Opportunities.
Get ready to gather and celebrate solutions at New York Green Festival April 21-22!