Directions / Travel
Location: Navy Pier, 600 East Grand Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611. Make your directions using the map below or click here.
View Larger Map
If you would like to reserve parking ahead of time visit Navy Pier Parking from SpotHero »
By City Bus
The CTA provides seven bus lines with more than 200 buses serving Navy Pier daily. These are #29 State St, #65 Grand Ave, #66 Chicago Ave. and the #124 Navy Pier Express (serving METRA lines, Millenium Park/Randolph St., Ogilvie and Union Stations). During weekday rush hours, the #2 Hyde Park Express (stops running at 9:10pm), #120 Northwestern/Wacker Express (serving the Ogilvie Transportation Center), and the #121 Union/Wacker Express (serving Union Station) run every fifteen minutes from 9 am to 12am throughout the summer and 9am to 10pm the rest of the year. All buses are equipped with bike racks and are ADA accessible. For more information, call the CTA at (312) 836-7000 or visit www.transitchicago.com
Metra commuter rail is a convenient travel alternative. On weekends and select holidays, up to 3 children under 12 travel free when accompanied by a fare-paying adult. The CTA's #124 bus provides convenient and direct service from Ogilvie Transportation Center and Union Station to Navy Pier. For Metra fare and schedule information visit www.metrarail.com, or call 312.836.7000.
The Regional Transportation Authority (RTA) includes the CTA, Metra and Pace bus system. The RTA serves the Chicagoland region and provides a variety of different routes directly to Navy Pier. Click here to find the best way to Navy Pier using the RTA system.
- From the north, take Lake Shore Drive (US 41) to the Grand Avenue exit and follow signs to Navy Pier.
- From the northwest, take the Kennedy Expressway (I-90/94) to the Ohio Street Exit, head east on Ohio to Wells, head south on Wells to Illinois Street, then proceed east to Navy Pier. A secondary route is to take the Kennedy Expressway (I-90/94) to the Ohio Street exit, head east on Ohio to Columbus/Fairbanks, then go south on Columbus/Fairbanks to Illinois, and proceed east on Illinois to Navy Pier. From the west, take the Eisenhower Express (I-290) to Columbus Drive, north to Illinois Street and proceed east to Navy Pier. **Please be advised that construction continues on the Congress Parkway Bridge. Visit the Congress Bridget website at www.dot.il.gov/congresspkwy/index.html for more information.
- From the southwest, take the Stevenson Expressway (I-55) to Lake Shore Drive (US 41) north to Illinois Street exit and turn right (east) at bottom of ramp to Navy Pier.
- From the south, take the Dan Ryan Expressway (I-90/94) east to the Stevenson Expressway (I-55) to Lake Shore Drive (US 41) north to Illinois Street exit and turn right (east) at bottom of ramp to Navy Pier.
- From the southeast, take Lake Shore Drive (US 41) north to Illinois Street exit.
- If parking is full, or you wish to reserve parking, you can secure overflow spots here.